|Slipping through the Shelves is a column about the often missed and overlooked gems of the comic book and graphic storytelling world and why they merit another look.|
Welcome to The Pop Culture Network
Sunday, September 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM CDT
|• THREE MONTHS TO DIE, the loss of Wolverine’s healing factor--all led to this, the single most important X-Men event of the decade.
• Logan has spent over a century being the best there is at what he does...but even the best fade away eventually.
• Over the years, Logan has been a warrior, a hero, a renegade, a samurai, a teacher—and so much more. But now, the greatest X-Men hero will play a role he’s never played before in this special weekly event brought to you by industry superstars Charles Soule and Steve McNiven.
|* KATE-GUY! MADAME MASQUE! LOS ANGELES! EXPLOSIONS! THE END OF SUMMER VACATION! THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR ALL THE MARBLES! THE MARBLES ARE A METAPHOR!
* YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG TO THE MERRY MARBLE MARCHING SOCIETY!
* This is... THE BIG ONE. Fraction and Wu and Hollingsworth too -- OH MY!
|* Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity for the first time -- by meeting the royal pup, Lockjaw!
* Every girl wants a puppy, but this one may be too much of a handful, even for a super hero with embiggening powers.
* He may be the Queen's pooch, but this dog's one royal pain in the neck.
* And the return of Adrian Alphona!
|* In the deserts of Afghanistan, X-Force has found a lead that could help them track down the villain who killed one of their own.
* But standing in their way is Britain's own team of superhuman operatives: MI13!
* As the two factions come to blows, little do they know that a third player threatens to wipe them all off the board...
Rocket always believed he was the last of his race. Now there is someone out there in the galaxy that looks exactly like him, committing crimes and murders. With the help of his best friend Groot and Macho Gomez, they are off to search for answers from a kingpin named Funtzel. Now if only they can make it to Funtzel in one piece.
You may not have heard, but Marvel plans on killing Wolverine. This is a big deal because up until recently, Wolverine has had a healing factor. He essentially couldn’t die. After losing his healing factor, it has become open season on the Canadian mutant.
While the ongoing Wolverine series has felt like its been spinning its wheels, working its way to its finale and the start of Death of Wolverine, this issue one launches readers headfirst into Logan’s final battle.